1. You’re healthy and you want to optimize your health, increase your energy, mental clarity, athletic performance, and overall happiness.
You don’t have to be sick to go to the doctor. Naturopathic Doctors are trained to add health to the body, not just eliminate disease. If you want a wellness plan that will take you to your next level of health and happiness, a Naturopathic Doctor is definitely for you.
2. You’ve been to the doctor and received a clean bill of health, but you still don’t feel well.
Sometimes we notice a change in our bodies long before it manifests as something we can detect with labs and physical exams. A naturopathic doctor can help you identify the CAUSE of your symptoms and use natural therapies to restore proper function and get you feeling your best!
3. You’ve been told there’s no treatment for your health concern and you just have to live with it.
We’ve all hear of these stories way too often. If you’ve run into road blocks getting the care you need, a naturopathic doctor can help you by bringing a different perspective to your health concern. Naturopathic doctors have the unique advantage of being able to spend TIME with their patients and listen to their WHOLE STORY. Naturopathic doctors are often able to see connections that aren’t immediately obvious to other types of practitioners, because naturopathic philosophy honours that each person must be treated as a whole and all systems of the body, mind, and spirit are connected.
4. You’re a passionate about your health and the environment and want medical care that’s sustainable for you and the planet.
Naturopathic doctors are trained in an incredible amount of natural and sustainable treatment options that can help you limit your chemical exposure and prevent side effects for you and the planet.
5. You find yourself frequenting the herb and supplement section at your local health food store, but aren’t completely sure you know what you’re doing.
There’s a lot of natural therapies out there and you definitely don’t need to take every single one. Naturopathic doctors are highly EDUCATED in and know the RESEARCH behind all of those supplements. Unlike many health food store clerks, a naturopathic doctor can help you choose supplements that will be most effective and SAFE for you and your specific health concern.
6. You have questions about your health (and we all should!) and you want a doctor who takes the time to answer them all.
Naturopathic doctors typically spend 45 minutes to an hour with each patient to provide the answers and education they need to carry out their treatment plan effectively.
7. You’re going through a rough period in your life and you could use some extra support.
Things come up in everyones life that are tough to deal with. Emotional well being is an important part (if not the MOST important) of our health. Naturopathic Doctors are experts in stress management and counselling, and they have the TIME to listen! Naturopathic treatments are very well suited to provide emotional support and balance.